Now sold out. The Victorian Romantic Tarot - with cold stamping. Large format, limited edition. SILVER bag.
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
These decks are now sold out.
The Victorian Romantic Tarot has, since its original publication become one of the most well-loved and used tarot decks, establishing a reputation for its readability and depth. You can read about the changes we are making in this new edition on our blog HERE.
We won't be repeating this version, which is one of our guaranteed limited editions.
It comes in a beautiful wooden box (carefully made in Czech Republic) and for the first time for one of our decks, there is a choice of colour of the embroidered foldover pouch that comes with the deck. This listing is for a deck with a SILVER foldover pouch.
This bag is pure dupion silk, embroidered to our unique design in our own studio, and lined in a great quality duchesse satin in wine red. Please note that dupion silk naturally has slubs and these should not be seen as a fault.
- This is a signed and numbered Limited Edition - 750 decks will be printed.
- Very large format fully illustrated cards, 165 * 100 mm (about 6.5 * 4 inches) plus a title card.
- The limited edition deck includes two Emperor cards, two Devil cards and three Lovers cards.
- Cold-stamped. This is an underlaid ink but gives the impression of a metallic overlay. It is NOT actually metal though, so there are no metal-allergy issues. See pictures 2 and 3 for the effect.
- Printed in Europe under our careful supervision.
- Printed on 330 gram European playing-card stock with an inner core to protect against bending and folding.
- Varnished with semi-matte varnish so that the varnish is not too shiny.
- A detailed booklet is included. This will have less information than the companion book that we plan, but is comprehensive enough to allow you to use the deck.
- Supplied in a sturdy, coloured solid wooden hinged box specially designed for the deck and made in Czech Republic.
- Supplied with a beautiful hand-made and embroidered foldover pouch in pure dupion silk. The embroidery is designed by us and sewn in our studio in Killarney. The bags are also sewn by our own seamstresses.
We also have optional items listed separately. These include:
- Extensive and highly-illustrated companion book with coloured card illustrations!
- Limited edition Victorian Romantic Tarot bags — these bags are designed to be used with the standard-sized cards.
For 20% discount on a bag when bought with the deck, please use code:
FAQs on coupons and pre-orders.
You can only apply one discount code at a time— it's the way the shop is set up and there is no way we can over-ride that.
Please work out which discount is best for you (you can always save your reward points for another order or a free treat.)
Is there a companion book?
Yes. There is a full companion book available separately. We sell the books separately as we find that some people (for example, non English speakers) would rather buy without a book.
What other Victorian Romantic Tarot items will be available?
With a "small-run" open edition deck, we aren't printing nearly as many as a mass-market deck but we reserve the right to reprint in the future. It doesn't mean we definitely will reprint, but we might and so an open edition is NOT limited.