Pre-order. The Tarot of Prague standard size. 2024 reprint.
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- Translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
LOOKING FOR OTHER PAYMENT OPTIONS?
If you are not seeing the "more payment options" button, please just mouse over the space above this text and it should appear.
This is a very small print run using cardstock that remained after we printed The Bohemian Gothic Tarot so we are not actually certain how large the final run will be (there is always some unpredictable wastage in printing). So once the decks are all printed, we expect that to happen in May, there may be a few more decks available. However, to be sure, if you would like this deck, please order soon, as it is a small run of around 1000 only.
This is a reprint of the third edition of The Tarot of Prague standard deck which is scheduled to begin shipping in June 2024. It varies very slightly from the last printing. The cold stamping is more intense on both backs and card fronts. This time the deck also comes in a specially designed wooden box.
The Tarot of Prague became a classic almost as soon as it was published. Voted Deck of the Year on Aeclectic Tarot Forum in 2003, and in the Top Ten in 2004, and it seems to have steadily grown in reputation in the years since. It's a deck that combines beautiful artwork with readability, history, and a touch of humour. It's since built a reputation as a "special" deck, that seems to carry layers of magic and meaning when its used.
Whether it's the "Magic City" of Prague, tarot or the art and architecture of beautiful Bohemia, most people will find something to attract and delight them in this deck.
This is a pre-order item which is scheduled to begin shipping in June 2024. Any items ordered with a pre-order item will be shipped altogether once the pre-order item is available.
This is a reprint of the third edition. The deck features a beautiful metallic overlay—we design the overlay for each card with great attention to detail. It's very appropriate for "Zlata Praha" —Golden Prague.
We are now using a slightly different technique for the cold-stamping so it will be more intense than in the original printing of the 3rd edition.
- Printed and produced in Europe.
- BabaBarock "standard size" fully illustrated cards, 125 * 78 mm (about 5 * 3 inches) plus an "extra" Death card and a title card (80 cards in all).
- Metallic "cold stamping" on all cards— this is done with a technique that lets us put a layer of gilding on certain parts of the illustrations. It gives an extraordinary, effect of depth and changing colour when the cards are moved in the light. Note that the ink used is not actually metal so there are no issues of allergies.
- We are using a slightly different technique for cold stamping this time, so the effect is more intense than it was for the last printing of this deck.
- Cards are printed on high quality 330 grm playing card stock with an inner carbon layer. This protects against bends and tears.
- Lightly varnished for durability without a plastic feeling.
- This standard edition deck comes in a stained wooden box with metallic graphics. These boxes are made specially for us in Czech Republic. Please note that because in Europe there are now no supplies of birch from Russia, the alternative birch wood used in this box may show some grain and knots - we actually rather like that as it shows it came from a tree!
- Booklet (LWB) with meanings and guide for use is included.
We also have optional items listed separately. These include:
- Extensive and highly-illustrated companion book with coloured card illustrations.
- A selection of hand-made drawstring bags.
- A beautiful silk-satin scarf that features all of The Tarot of Prague cards from the 2016 standard version of the deck
For 20% discount on a Tarot of Prague bag or scarf when bought with the deck, please enter the code PRAGUE20 at checkout.
Please note that only one discount code can be used per order.