The Tarot of Prague standard size. Sold out.
The Tarot of Prague became a classic almost as soon as it was published. Voted Deck of the Year on Aeclectic Tarot Forum in 2003, and in the Top Ten in 2004, and it seems to have steadily grown in reputation in the years since. It's a deck that combines beautiful artwork with readability, history, and a touch of humour. It's since built a reputation as a "special" deck, that seems to carry layers of magic and meaning when its used.
Whether it's the "Magic City" of Prague, tarot or the art and architecture of beautiful Bohemia, most people will find something to attract and delight them in this deck.
This is the third edition. The deck features a beautiful metallic overlay—we design the overlay for each card with great attention to detail—and only 1500 will be printed with 1300 released for sale (we will keep back 200 decks for use on our Magic Prague tours).
This is NOT a guaranteed Limited Edition (see our large format deck for that). See more on Limited Editions in the FAQs.
Please see the video for the best impression of the way that the cold stamping looks. It's very appropriate for "Zlata Praha" —Golden Prague.
- 1500 only will be printed. 200 of these will be kept for our Magic Prague tours, and so only 1300 will be for sale.
- Printed and produced in Europe.
- Baba "standard size" fully illustrated cards, 125 * 78 mm (about 5 * 3 inches) plus an "extra" Death card and Sun card and a title card (81 cards in all). Please note that our standard size is quite large, but still very usable.
- Only minor changes have been made to the imagery (many people asked us not to change the deck very much and we listened to this). But all images now have metallic overlay (see below).
- Metallic overlay on all cards— this is done with a technique that lets us put a layer of gilding on certain parts of the illustrations. It gives an extraordinary, effect of depth and changing colour when the cards are moved in the light.
- Printed on high quality 320 gram "deluxe" playing card stock with a carbon inner layer to protect against bending and creasing.
- Lightly varnished for durability without a plastic feeling.
- Strong, hinged printed box.
- Booklet (LWB) with meanings and guide for use.
- A choice of bags featuring some of the card designs.
- A pure silk scarf (of different design from the scarf given with the LE deck) that you can use to wrap your cards, as a reading cloth, or simply to wear and enjoy. It also looks great framed!
- A revised version of the much-loved Tarot of Prague companion book.
With our Limited Editions we guarantee never to reprint that edition. So once the decks are gone, no more will ever be printed. It's that simple. We have never reprinted a Limited Edition deck, and never will.
With a "small-run" open edition deck, we aren't printing nearly as many as a mass-market deck but we reserve the right to reprint in the future. It doesn't mean we definitely will reprint, but we might and so the edition is NOT limited.