The Fantastic Menagerie Tarot — deck
This deck is out of print and we have no plans to reprint at present. Apologies for any disappointment.
Lively, humorous and utterly engaging, The Fantastic Menagerie Tarot is based on the illustrations of 19th century French illustrator, J.J. Grandville. Known as the "Father of Surrealism". Grandville was a huge influence on artists such as Tenniel, the first illustrator of Alice in Wonderland. His pictures are cynical, funny, bitter and sweet - and make for a deck that manages to be both timeless and true.
· Challenging, witty images that invite you to use your imagination and intuition
· 78 fully illustrated cards based on RWS tarot pattern.
· Available as a deck and book kit (recommended retail $35) or as a deck with booklet (recommended retail $20)
· Well-researched, and thoroughly entertaining companion book by Sophie Nusslé. Includes a story for each card as well as a discussion of its range of meanings in readings.
· More information about the deck can be found on The Fantastic Menagerie Tarot website.