The Tarot of Prague. Limited edition LARGE FORMAT. Now with wooden box.
The Tarot of Prague became a classic almost as soon as it was published. Voted Deck of the Year on Aeclectic Tarot Forum in 2003, and in the Top Ten in 2004, and it seems to have steadily grown in reputation in the years since. It's a deck that combines beautiful artwork with readability, history, and a touch of humour. It's since built a reputation as a "special" deck, that seems to carry layers of magic and meaning when it's used.
This time they come in a sturdy wooden box, specially commissioned for them and made in Czechia - the quality is lovely. The box is designed to fit the cards almost exactly, so that they won't move around when in the box.
The new edition is in a very large size 165 * 100 mm (about 6.5 * 4 inches) and is overlaid with metallic cold stamping. We design the overlay for each card by hand, with great attention to detail.
It comes in a sturdy wooden hinged box and includes, as our thank-you gift, a free pure silk-satin exclusive scarf that you can use for wrapping your deck, or simply to wear or display. This scarf is of "designer" quality and would normally sell for $45 in our shop.
It also features an additional two new cards, which you can swap in as you prefer in use, to make your deck more unique and personal to you.
This is a Limited Edition over-sized deck and only 750 will be released for sale (the whole run is 900, but we are reserving 150 for use on our Magic Prague tours).
Please see the video, which will give some idea of how the carefully-designed cold-stamping effect looks. Please also see "More details".
- 900 only will be printed. 150 of these will be kept for our Magic Prague tours, and so only 750 will be for sale.
- Printed and produced in Europe for excellent print and cardstock.
- Supplied with a free beautiful silk-satin scarf designed exclusively for this deck. This is of "designer" quality in pure silk of a good weight and can be used to wrap your cards and/or also simply to wear and enjoy. The normal retail price of the scarf is about $45.
- 78 very large format fully illustrated cards, 165 * 100 mm (about 6.5 * 4 inches) plus an "extra" two cards and a title card (81 cards in all).
- All decks will be signed and numbered.
- Only minor changes have been made to most of the imagery (many people asked us not to change the deck very much and we listened to this). But all images now have metallic overlay (see below).
- Metallic "cold stamping" overlay on all cards— this is done with a technique that lets us put a layer of gilding on certain parts of the illustrations. It gives an extraordinary, effect of depth and changing colour when the cards are moved in the light.
- Printed on high quality 320 gram "deluxe" playing card stock with a carbon inner layer to protect against bending and creasing.
- Lightly varnished for durability without a plastic feeling.
- Strong, hinged wooden box. Tarot of Prague wooden box measurements:
120 x 188 x 38 mm (4.7 inches * 7.5 inches * 1.5 inch)
- Booklet (LWB) with meanings and guide for use.