The Lion eating the Sun. Embroidered alchemical drawstring bag in silk velvet.
The embroidery on this unique drawstring bag includes lavish gold and silver metallic threads. The bag fabric (front and back) is a high-quality silk velvet, with a beautiful shimmer. The current version is in peacock teal, which is a deep green/teal.
We designed the embroidery ourselves, The green lion eating the sun is a frequently seen alchemical image seen in texts such as the Rosarium philosophorum. It symbolises vitriol (the green lion) purifying matter (the sun), on the path to producing gold, or the Philosopher's stone.
This is a limited edition bag hand-sewn by our seamstress in Czech Republic.
SPECIAL OFFER: "Buy one get another at 30% off" offer.
Put any two drawstring bags into your cart and use the code: BAGOFFER at checkout. Enjoy!
Please note that only one discount code can be used per order.
- Embroidered by us in our studio in Ireland - we use the best German threads and lots of metallics.
- Light padding for a little extra protection.
- Side "Baba Studio limited edition" tag in gold and red for a touch of added cachet.
- Fully lined in a toning silk-mix fabric for a little extra touch of luxury.
- Chunky Czech glass bead finials on the double-drawstring cords.
- Metallic decorative stitching on the bag top.
- At approx 5.5 inches by 8.25 inches (14 cm * 21 cm) these are a really useful size.
- The bag can be used for your oracle cards, as a jewellery holder, a cosmetics and "odd and ends" bag, or simply hung up for display. It also makes a stunning present when filled with your choice of small gifts.