The Alice Tarot — Standard deck, second edition.
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
LOOKING FOR OTHER PAYMENT OPTIONS?
If you are not seeing the "more payment options" button, please just mouse over the space above this text and it should appear.
The Alice Tarot second edition is now sold out and OOP. We hope to print a third edition at some point in the future but there are no plans for this currently.
The Alice Tarot second edition was printed in a small run of 1600 decks and was available from us and a very few specialist retailers. It will not be produced as a mass-market deck (either now or in the future) and it will not be available via mass-market sellers such as Amazon and chain bookstores.
The deck has a Facebook page and also a lively Facebook discussion group:.
- 78 fully illustrated cards, 128 * 78 mm (about 5 * 3 inches) plus an "extra" card, The Lovers (so there are two alternative Lovers cards in each deck), and a title card (80 cards in all).
- "Metallic ink overlay" - in fact, this is actually put under the varnish, so it does not wear off. It's also technically a plastic so does not cause any metal sensitivities when handled (we have been asked this so hope this clarifies).
- A few minor adjustments from the original deck - there are no major changes.
- New back based on a 1930s "cards" watercolour in our own collection - the back has beautiful gold cold-stamping and is quite spectacular.
- Printed in Europe on high quality 300 gram playing card stock with a carbon inner layer to protect against bending and creasing.
- Lightly varnished for durability without a plastic feeling - the finish is very matte so that there is a great contrast between the general finish and the cold-stamped areas.
- Sturdy hinged box for long-term storage. The second edition box is gold-foiled and is a new design.
- Booklet with meanings and guide for use.
We also have optional items listed separately. These include:
- Extensive and highly-illustrated companion book - now with coloured card illustrations!
- Limited edition Alice Tarot bags — with prints from the cards, special vintage and/or new high-quality natural fabrics and with special "Alice" brass charms. For 20% off these bags, please use code:
The first edition of the standard sized deck was originally printed and published in a short run of 2,500. The second printing and any subsequent runs (if a third run ever happens) will also be done in small numbers and there will be some changes in each run. We will NOT sell the rights to this deck to a mass production publisher (we've already turned down offers and will continue to do so) and we will not bring out the deck in a mass market version ourselves.
We may license the deck in a short run only, for one or two foreign language editions. Again, if it happens, this will be to small, specialist publishers, not to mass-market publishers.
We do not want The Alice Tarot to be a mass-market deck at any time in its life and so it will not be printed (now or ever) in mass-market numbers or distributed in mass-market channels such as large online and offline book stores.