Wholesale. The Victorian Romantic Tarot fourth edition with cold-stamping, standard deck.
The Victorian Romantic Tarot has, since its original publication become one of the most well-loved and used tarot decks, establishing a reputation for its readability and depth.
After a huge amount of enquiries we have made a fourth (and probably final) edition with metallic overlay in many shades. This is designed by hand, so that it's subtle enough to suit the theme but still adds a touch of glamour. You can read about the changes we are making in this new edition on our blog HERE.
- The new, fourth (and probably final) edition has TWO Queen of Pentacles card - our original one and one based on an image that almost made it into the deck when we did the first edition. It provides a more inclusive option for this Queen.
- Voted "Deck of the Year" 2006 at Aeclectic Tarot Forum, the deck is an authentic re-working of 19th century art. Many readers find the cards particularly good for looking at a range of relationship issues, as the pictures are narrative and really do "tell a story", making them ideal for intuitive readings.
- This deck is being issued in a small run and will NOT be distributed by mass-market distributors such as Amazon.
- This is the standard "open" edition so could in theory be reprinted. If you would like a guaranteed limited edition deck, please see the large format, limited edition HERE.
- If you would like to read about all the changes in the deck, please visit our blog post HERE (please note that the blog is on our World store)
- New edition. This has several changes to the imagery of the fourth edition (we have not yet decided on all of them). Mainly, we have made the deck more inclusive. You can read about this decision HERE. The cold-stamping is more prominent than it was in the previous edition and the back is a new design. It also now comes in a hinged-lid wooden box - this is the first time we've issued a "standard" deck in a wooden box, and we hope you like it.
- Fully illustrated with 78 cards (plus title card and three extra) that follow the popular Rider Waite Smith tarot structure, so they are easy to read "out of the box".
- They are 128 * 78 mm (about 5 * 3 inches).
- Printed on 330 gram European playing-card stock with an inner core to protect against bending and folding.
- Gorgeous, carefully designed metallic overlays (these are actually printed on the card UNDER the other inks and varnish) - this gives the impression of metallics in various colours so is spectacular.
- Printed in Europe and cut by a traditional method.
- Comes in a wooden box with a hinged lid. This is the first time we've offered a wooden box for the standard deck. It's made for us in Czech Republic by a specialist workshop.
- Optional unique, matching tarot bags.
- The detailed and engaging companion book (approx 220 pages) has been slightly updated to reflect the new imagery. It discusses each card in depth, and also includes keywords, spreads and information about how to read tarot. Available separately from the deck.