Victorian pique earrings. Gold and silver on antique tortoiseshell.
A gorgeous pair of pique earrings in lovely condition. These are mid-Victorian (probably around 1860-80) and on original silver wires (not hall-marked but seem to be good quality silver which originally may have been gilded).
The pique work is made of silver and gold and shines out beautifully against the tortoiseshell.
Please note that the two earrings are ever so slightly different in size - this is common in these handmade antique earrings. It's a tiny difference, and will not be discernable at all when they are worn.
Condition: Very good antique condition. These are extremely wearable.
- Two piece dangly ear pendants with a flat back.
- Light and comfortable to wear.
- Hand-made pique work on gold and silver
- 19th century period.
- Medium sized - 4.4 cm (1.7 inches) including hook, 3.8 cm (1.5 inches) excluding hook.
- Excellent price as pique earrings are currently shooting up in value.