The Lion eating the Sun. Embroidered alchemical drawstring bag in silk velvet. Second with short lining.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LINING DOESN'T GO ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BAG SO THIS BAG WON'T FIT A STANDARD DECK UNLESS YOU CHANGE THE LINING.
This exquisite drawstring bag is all embroidered in the most lavish gold and silver metallic threads. The bag fabric (front and back) is a high-quality silk velvet, with a beautiful shimmer. The current version is in peacock teal, which is a deep green/teal.
We designed the embroidery ourselves, The green lion eating the sun is a frequently seen alchemical image seen in texts such as the Rosarium philosophorum. It symbolises vitriol (the green lion) purifying matter (the sun), on the path to producing gold, or the Philosopher's stone.
This is a limited edition bag hand-sewn in Ireland.
Please note that due to large increases in shipping charges, there is a minimum order value of $30.
- Embroidered by us in our studio in Ireland - we use the best German threads and lots of metallics.
- Light padding for a little extra protection.
- Side "Baba Studio limited edition" tag in gold and red for a touch of added cachet.
- Fully lined in a toning silk-mix fabric for a little extra touch of luxury.
- Chunky Czech glass bead finials on the double-drawstring cords.
- Metallic decorative stitching on the bag top.
- At approx 5.5 inches by 8.25 inches (14 cm * 21 cm) these are a really useful size.
- The bag can be used for your oracle cards, as a jewellery holder, a cosmetics and "odd and ends" bag, or simply hung up for display. It also makes a stunning present when filled with your choice of small gifts.